14 January, 2011

Mandatory Respite

I've been coming and going or otherwise mentally occupied and run down for over a month and the natives are getting restless. So, I've promised Babe and the Ti-Babes a weekend full of quality family time with mandatory recouping pour moi. None of my type A compulsions, only relaxing allowed...



Sooo, I've booked myself a massage, had our special croissants overnighted from Williams-Sonoma, and I'm working on getting Babe's The Rape of Europa movie request filled. All I need are a box of those Patrick Roger truffles and a wee online Hermès purchase and I juuust may start to feel like my old self again...

Kindness of Babe for knowing when I'm outta gas and forcing a refuel. And, Amy for her The Rape of Europa recommendation during our afternoon at the Louvre. I'll be buttering up a croissant, sipping my tea avec crème and mentally narrowing down my silk and cashmere shawl picks while enjoying a li'l art history with the fam...XXOO

8 comments:

  1. Rape of europa is an incredible book, given to me by my English professor at gtown. Full of history and a remarkable story,had no idea it was a documentary. Would love to hear how it is, sure it will be great though....have a great weekend, sounds thoroughly relaxing.

    Btw....cville was just in cville last week, a little dull in january. Fall, spring, and summer are the bomb but winter is rough...did I miss anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie looks fascinating. I'm putting it at the top of my "watch list." Thanks for mentioning it, and thanks for becoming a follower. Hoping your weekend is restful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my WORD, the Rape of Europa is FASCINATING. You will not, not, not be disappointed. It is such a good film that I watched it on Netflix, and then bought a physical copy.

    Please do share with us your thoughts after.

    xoxo,
    CarolinaBelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now scooch over, leave some room for me...
    and an Hermes Blanket for my tootsies.
    Looks like a great movie.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Miss Allie, you have been going-going-going, some R&R is probably overdue.

    Enjoy some snuggly quiet time!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  6. This coming weekend is my first weekend all to myself in about two months - and I can't wait to stay in my nightgown all day tomorrow and just hang out with my cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering when the Energizer bunny would need a recharge.

    ReplyDelete