04 January, 2011

I'll Trade Ya Some Hermès Eye Candy...

I'm bartering some Hermès eye candy for oooone more sick day...

I can only take sitting up for short periods of time before collapsing with exhaustion...

And, I now completely understand how Mrs. Fahrenkopf, convalescing from the same bug, could literally have the Louis Vuitton scarf picknecked from her person at the Grand Palais while we ogled the Monet exhibit...

Someone could strip me down to my Cosabellas and I'd be none the wiser in this state...

Sooo I'm hoping the gorgeous pics of the Rue de Faubourg Saint-Honoré Hermès flagship store windows will buy me another day of bed rest. Although, I must admit it's not all heartbreak here folks. I ate juuust about as many macaroons as it took to make the above display so a li'l stomach flu ain't gonna hurt me...

Kindness of Pilgie M.D. and Lolly R.N for their round the clock care and kisses. And, of course Babe who has called from his NYC office throughout the past two days to tend to my whining and crying. Althooo, I'd be willing to bet that's not all heartbreak on his end either...XXOO

14 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful each window is!! Of course I love the one filled with all things sweet. Love your blog! I am a new follower!! Love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Alice! Feel better soon, can't wait to hear all about your trip! :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor dear, so sorry that you are under the weather....but delighted that you have such stunning pics to share with us. I know it was worth it, to come home exhausted with a floodgate of memories.
    Now feel better,
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! And can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please give yourself time to get
    well. With two such good caregivers it won't be long. I have one who takes to the bed when I do and it is so comforting. Thank you for the beautiful windows
    post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, hope you feel better stat!

    I'm so sorry Mrs. Fahrenkopf was robbed, that's completely sucktacular :-(

    My Mom had one of her Hermes scarves stolen off the back of her chair (while she was sitting in it!) in a restaurant in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor thing! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Windows look so Fabulous and the Macaroons looked devine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you are not feeling well - it made the rounds at our house leading up to the holidays. Not good! Can't wait to hear more about Paris - thanks for the teaser photos. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't Himalayans just the best breed of cat for TLC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The eye candy was fabulous! So glad you have your fur babies to care for you. Rest and feel better soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning... now get well so you can eat your ile flottante!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so sorry you are not feeling well... i had it before christmas... rest well and peace and happiness for the new year... (love that last window - so charming)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon. Is it lovesickness for Hermes? :-) Happy New Year!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete