26 January, 2011

And, In Other Boot News...

While I was in Paris, my sister Genevieve borrowed and fell in love with my black Hunters. But, when she went to order a pair for herself, she discovered that they were "outsourced". Quelle horreur! Suddenly, my once coveted boots, were now deemed second class citizens...

In spite of our snubbing, my boots and I dispatched the mice deep into the mental file vault for her to dig up a four year old endorsement I recalled Mel giving Le Chameau wellies...

The Le Chameaus passed muster and arrived at the beach house notaxindelaware family distribution center the very next day. And, just like that, I wasn't feelin so loyal anymore...

Outsourced shhhmoutsourced...I want those Le Chameau slender ankles and shapely legs! Emma, looks like your Cinderella size 9's can expect a large package containing a pair of thick ankled castoffs...

Kindness of those readers who sent me the Barney's intel on the Fiorentini and Baker Elisa boots. But, after several days of consideration, and a lukewarm review from my sister Julie and the bff Kimba, I'm contemplating switching allegiance from the Elisa to the Emma. (hangs head in shame) Once a boot turncoat, always a boot turncoat...XXOO

11 comments:

  1. Consider those Le Chameau wellies ordered and on there way, to my house that is. They are just what I've been looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh la la... love les slender ankles!

    Today's blog post is dedicated entirely to you!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great selection...I have a pair of the Le Chameau boots on my list! The girls at Matters of Style posted on cleaning Hunters with Armor All. It gets rid of the white residue...it doesn't really bother me enough to clean mine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Le Chameaus are the best! Loooove my Chasseurs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Le Chameau for town and Le Hunter for the country!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. nominated you with an award today.....
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh those look over the top grand! I will have to check them out.. I need a new pair for walking the gardens on the property .....though its like minus 25 here at the moment and snow covered ,.... I'm starting to dream of spring and the wonderful canvas that nature will fill... enjoy your new boots..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I knew it! I thought the Hunters now-a-days looked different than my hand me down pair from my mom.

    I never thought to clean them, either...armor all? I wonder if it will break down rubber?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any time a classic - like Hunters - start showing up a LOT of different patterns, colors, etc., it's a good bet they're being "outsourced".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for tempting me...I ordered a pair of Le Chameaus this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Kiel James Patrick - I got my boyfriend the Navy belt for Christmas and he hasn't taken it off since! xo Kelly

    ReplyDelete