11 January, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity thud

Four days, five states, three cities, two colleges, one sick niece, too many sunrises, beaucoup Venti Soy Lattes, a big ole speeding ticket, and one predawn, white knuckle drive through whiteout conditions and, looong sigh, I'm finally home. Filthy, beyond tired, dangerously close to developing scurvy but, home...

I did muster enough energy to snag a very reduced in price Ralph Lauren Black Label cashmere Circle Sweater at the South Park Polo during my 12 hour pit stop in Charlotte. Now, if I had known, when I donned it at 3am the following morn, that I was facing a death defying drive through a blinding blizzard with a strooong possibility of a rendezvous with the jaws of life, I may have thought twice about pairing it with bleached out old cords, a sports bra, and bedroom slippers. I would have at least tossed on an Hermès bangle or two for the Rescue Crew...

Kindness of everyone for allowing me this brief respite from the Paris posts while I helped my sister caravan the girls back to school and then chauffeur her highness back home through the blinding snow storm while she sipped her hot chocolate, did her crossword, and periodically tossed a "MUSH!" my petrified way. And, Babe, who will NOT call asking for a translation of "very reduced in price"...XXOO

13 comments:

  1. You are too funny. Great sweater and glad you are home safely. The infamous ice has begun to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your descriptions of your adventures. Not to laugh about your brush with death, but I did snicker a bit. What a better way to go than dressed in cashmere :-) Welcome Home, and glad you are Safe and Sound. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead and become a recluse and just lock yourself away, along with writing a novel. This would make a best seller, I am always sitting on the edge of my seat when I read your posts.
    Summer is only a mere 5 months away. Now are you feeling better? That sweater could double as a beach cover-up on blustery days.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you have a lovely cashmere souvenir from your adventure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to live about five minutes away from that Southpark Polo joint. "Jaws of Life"...kinda has a caliper corollary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that sweater! Did they have any more??? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My in-laws live close to South Park - great shopping area. Love the sweater you bought there. Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, they had a black and a navy left and, I believe they were both size small. I'm sure they could scrounge up a few more sizes at other Polo stores. And, it's faaabulousss...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ensemble sounds like the female version of homeless trad.

    Glad you're home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least I can say my Petit Bateau tee didn't have any visible stains on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make me laugh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stories always make me laugh. Also hang my head in shame. You are so brave! I would have stopped on the side of the road and burst into tears (thereby soaking a lovely cashemere sweater).

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad you're back safe, can't wait to hear more about Paris!

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete