23 October, 2009

The Dreaded Move Is Upon Us

We're resting up cuz Daddy's on a flight home from Tokyo to help us start the dreaded move from G'town to the beach. We love the beach but, we'll dearly miss all our friends in the hood...

We're also gonna miss Whole Foods, cupcake joints on every corner, good Indian food, the WSC gym, gas lamps, the first mile of our runs being all downhill, and our daily George Stephanopoulos sightings. We will however gladly say sayonara to the traffic, Loudy McLouderson in the condo above us, the last mile of our runs being all uphill, and Daddy's fav, Cactus Cantina. Mummy's sick of daddy asking to go there for every meal out...

But, until that plane lands, and Daddy says konnichiwa, we're still pretending is all just a bad dream and we don't have to spend our weekend packing...

Kindness of Daddy who knows we kid. One for all and all for one in this family. Just don't expect us to do any heavy lifting...XXOO

16 comments:

  1. Uggg...Moving, packing, unpacking.
    Recently while in Washington we went to Cactus Cantina-and the time before that we ate there every other night...my request. They had the best ceviche. Good luck with the move-and just think, it's the BEACH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the packing. Hope you have some big strong people to help with the heavy lifting. I wish you sustenance, a good gym and flat terrain for your daily run in your new hood at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your move! Not sure if you are into tags, but I tagged ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember to pack kitties along...
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I just love this blog! I have been lurking long enough. You are so right on in your "preppyness". I love your humor too. On top of it all, you have such a sweet and kind nature that shines through your posts. I absolutely adore your kitties. Oh my GOSH they are just precious! I'm a Virginia girl (really a 50 year old woman). Just wanted to say Hi and how much I enjoy your blog.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me sad. But I know how much you love the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with your move. How long will this be? I think you told us but I am old, forgive me. Does the move involve any nesting or has the nesting been done? I am searching for some positive aspects, other than proximity to the ocean:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a smooth move! Somehow I missed the previous posts about your departure from G'town. Have a bunch of those cupcakes on hand when the going gets rough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sad to see you go :-( Hope to see you around again though at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  10. On the brightside running on the beach is so good for the butt and thighs!!!

    Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LFG has just recently allowed me back in at Cactus Cantina. My fave. We had a date there last night.

    Safe journey.

    ADG and LFG

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I first started dating the Stafford hubby, Cactus was the first place he took me. I now request it whenever we are back in DC. I have a place at the beach on the West Coast and he has a place near DC (I guess it's we have...) and I can't decide which one I like better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. After all our emails and back and forths about blogger brunch and cocktails you are leaving before we can all get together??!?!!

    Por Que?

    ReplyDelete