28 October, 2009

Blackberry Farm Take Me Away

If I could have one wish fulfilled right about now, it would be that I could escape to Blackberry Farm for a long weekend of decompressing after this move is complete...

Town and Country's right, it is the perfect location to spend Thanksgiving with family but, I will admit to a selfish fantasy involving a getaway just for two. Four if you consider smuggling Tatsie and the Pilge in our T. Anthonys...

We could rest our heads at night in Relais & Chateaux luxury (my very fav kind!) with nary a thought of boxes, packing tape or parking permits...

Diet ssshmyyy-et! I would put myself completely in the hands of the chef, the master gardener, the baker, the cheese maker, the butcher, the jam lady and most definitely the chocolatier and the sommelier...

After a long day of spa visits, fly fishing, skeet shooting and mucho overindulging in choclate and wine, Babe and I could watch the sun set over the Smokey Mountains and allow the whole ugly memory of the move to slip away...

Kindness of Tats and Plige for making room in the T. Anthonys so we could smuggle the chocolatier and the sommelier home with us. Also, kindness of world travelers Cricket and Rob who schooled me years ago on the importance of Blacberry Farm to one's well being...

PS...Chef/Owner, Sam Beall, debuted the Inn's cookbook on Martha Stewart last week. Perfect Christmas timing. Like I need a holiday excuse...

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you could use a getaway after the move and BB Farms sounds like the perfect place. The cookbook looks interesting. Good luck with all the boxes and packing tape, moving is so stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bealls are good family friends of ours! You def need a Blackberry weekend right now- they are running a last minute getaway special for leaf season. . .I went to the cookbook release party last night and gorged myself on Singing Brook cheese and cured meat. Yum! The cookbook is awesome!

    Ok, my ad is over now. Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Relais et Chateaux is a great group. And I do not know that I would ever get up from those chairs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this where they grow all the Blackberries?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allie, I have been there and it is truly amazing, I cannot imagine how relaxing it would be for Thanksgiving. 6 years working in Relais and Chateaux properties had its perks for sure. the gal who ran the jam kitchen for years now works for the company I work for. GO I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sooo want to go to Blackberry Farm. We recently stayed at the lovely Greenbrier, so now Blackberry is on my list. That coookbook will hopefully be under the tree, waiting for me Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PSST! I talked about you on my blog yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just forwarded you an email regarding the current promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine a more perfect place to be this time of year. I'll bet the view from those chairs is quite colorful. I saw the feature on MS. Made me want to pack the bags hit I-40 West.

    ReplyDelete