02 July, 2009

Varina, Varina, Where Art Thou Varina?

I'm afraid I'm a day late and a Varina short...

Babe, Amy and I were walking to the theater in G'town to see "The Proposal" when Amy spied them. The Ferragamo Varina Ballet Flat.

Our mark was wearing an orange pair with casual, three inch shorts and a little blouse and she looked smashing.

Of course I was googling my brains out as soon as we returned home but, alas, I fear I have missed the Varina boat.

Has their shelf life expired? Have the candy colors gone into hibernation til next spring? Of course, this only serves to make them more desirable pour moi.

Revas shmevas I want some Varinas!!!

Good eye Amy Fahrenkopf! If I hadn't seen them paired so casually with shorts first hand I would never have made the fashion leap on my own...

13 comments:

  1. I think if they aren't online you may still be able to find the colorful ones in stores. I know the Bloomingdales in the NY suburbs still has the pink ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth! I have had my eye on them since they were in Harper's Bazaar a couple of seasons ago and keep praying that I stumble across someone's castoffs at the consignment store. A girl can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ferragamos are my absolute favorites. I tolerate the periods where they make ugly shoes just holding my breath and waiting for them to make good ones again:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried Arthur Beren's online shoe store? (www.Berenshoes.com) They generally have a good selection of Ferragamo's.

    Since they are almost impossible to find in AR, I've come to rely on Arthur Beren for my Ferragamo Vara's. I've had really good experiences with their customer service.

    Hope you find the pair you want!

    raed

    ReplyDelete
  5. va va varinas - love them, my ny room-mate wore them all the time, let me go to the source and tell you where -
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them, I have been hunting a size 8.5 in the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a continuing craving for skittles all day. I blame this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally bought a pair of these and they were so uncomfortable which was so surprising & very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I popped into the Ferragamo in Boston after work tonight to see if they had any patent Varinas left and they still have a bunch of colors and sizes and they are on-sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only my favorite shoes EVER! I have the patent slingback in tan.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely! They run narrow, so I am in luck! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gave in. Just for the black ones though...

    ReplyDelete