07 July, 2009

How I Wiled Away the Holiday

Dropping my camera, lense opened, with my butter fingers and breaking it...

Eying CKB's Calidora Top...


Appreciating a history making Wimbledon match...

Sampling selections of Bon Appetit's Around the World in 80 Hot Dogs at Chez Mom and Dad...

Doing a whole lot of this...



Seeing this three thumbs up (Hilary's, Emma's and mine), don't forget your linen hankie movie.

Annnd...still pursuing my pink Varina Boston lead.

PS...the five selections of hot dogs my parents made included the North Africa, the England, the India, the Spain and the Germany. England was by far my fav with the delcious roasted leeks and North Africa was pretty darn bitter and yucky. So, if we're rating on a 1-3 hot dog scale, England gets "3 Hot Dogs" while North Africa gets "1 Hot Dog...in the trash can".

12 comments:

  1. sounds like the perfect holiday weekend! and i love that ckb top - i think i'm now eying it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect - with the exception of the camera mishap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arthur Berens in Stanford Shopping Center had the pink ones on sale yesterday. I eyed the black one, but no sevens were to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very good to me too..., except for the camera..., but you did not let it spoil the holiday one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shoe. I own the black and wear it with whatever trendy jean is of the moment - comepletely shamelessly - and like a hip girl with a pony tail - its so not an old girls shoe when done with flair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your camera! :(
    Those hot dogs look soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the voracious reader single?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Soduko she does voraciously and yes, my pretty teenaged niece is foot loose and fancy free and that's how we like it. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a Fabulous Fourth, with the exception of a hot dog or two.
    Am loving the beach towels, do you remember where they are from?
    SLE

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three beach towels are Lilly Pulitzer from several summers ago. I love their towels! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer about your camera... I lost mine a few months ago and replaced it with the exact same one for about $70 less than I originally paid. It's the Canon SD1100 and I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with the pink and green monogrammed boat tote that can be seen in the beach picture!! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete