28 July, 2009

By Popular Request...

I finally got to debut my Lilly Regency Dress at Duke and Lucile's wedding this weekend and was fingered for it by another guest, faithful blog reader from Atlanta, Kirsten. So much for anonymity in recycled outfits!

During the second course, the girl that I had been stalking earlier in the evening for her gorgeous necklace, approached our table, introduced herself (explained recognizing me from my much talked about outfit) and bestowed so many compliments on my blog I could have gone without dessert. But didn't...

Since my camera is still on blocks in the back yard, I was taking liberties with the Polaroid camera provided for Guest Book purposes (sorry Lucile...) and accosting table mate Josh to capture me in my dress with Babe (who was dubbed the Governor General of Bermuda for his attire) on his iPhone to appease the masses. I also feel compelled to add that I wore those three inch Ferragamo's for six full hours before my feet even thought of hurting!

Before skipping home after a wonderful time at the G'town Four Seasons, I managed to strong arm "Kirsten from Atlanta" into allowing me to capture her pretty necklace that had my attention all evening. Bad news is, said necklace was purchased on sale sometime ago from Neiman's...

Good news is, J. Crew just debuted a similar one in pink and I am not afraid to do a little tinkering with the pliers for shortening purposes...

It is now at the top of my ever evolving J. Crew wish list...

And, even though I'm a little miffed that the Crew is starting to push the fall look when I'm not ready to let go of summer, I couldn't help but also dog ear the page with this...

And these...But for now, I have quite a few more miles to get out of my Regency Dress before it's retired for the season. Readers be warned...

Kindness of Kirsten for all of her kind words and for graciously allowing me to take her picture after hours of intense boogieing. Also, congratulations and best wishes to Duke and Lucile. Fabulous wedding and hands down the prettiest wedding gown ever! And lastly, a quick shout out to "funny" Ben for the "Governor General" comment. We are still chuckling over that one...

17 comments:

  1. Love the post! And thank pink J Crew necklace definitely got my attention in the latest catalog...hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pants. I can tell J.Crew and I are going to have a beautiful relationship this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Babe were looking quite Dapper!

    Yes, am not ready for fall, but was pleased that JCrew still had some summery things. I think I need the ruffled top...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness J. Crew is finally bringing the cute back- their late summer stuff had been the dregs. I want those tops in every color- perfect for under my suits, out and about and for church, Junior League etc. Love the pants too- I need to cut out my recent junk food consumption pronto to be sporting so I can be sporting those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Allie in Gtown,
    The too bad the original necklace is not available, I like it loads better than the J Crew one. If the J Crew one is at throw away price go for it. Maybe the NM one will turn up on Gilt, Rue La La, Hautelook, or Ideeli. Thanks for sharing, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Teresa from the RHofNJ would say....I love, love, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, if you need help shortening, you can send to me! I have plenty of tools...
    kristin pearce

    -super sad my summer is over, so now I am summering in simmering Miami for August!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tan...your hair....what an iconic look. I'm thinking there has to be a charm bracelet in the jewelry box somewhere? With a starfish perhaps? Or a lobster pot?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay you wore the dress! You look fantastic in it!

    I adore J. Crews fall items, that's when my list grows a mile! Both items you pictured are great!

    It's so worth to contribute to sending an inner city child to the pool for a day. The smiles on their faces is priceless.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh there's a charm bracelet alright. Just no starfish or lobster pots. More like hunting and fly fishing charms and a working pearl handled buck knife. A true Eastern Shore gal...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. J.Crew is my all time FAVORITE! For all college students go to your nearest store and thursday through saturday ask for the "back to school event for college students" card. It gives you 20% off a purchase of $125. And lets be honest... it's not hard to do that at J.Crew. happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good looking couple, you and that babe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Went during lunch today and tried on the ruffle cami- which I want in every color, as well as the pants which were the perfect mix of Audrey and Betty Draper. Must have now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My local Lilly store is sold out of that dress. I love it! I will have to search online for it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fly fishing - how very Orvis of you. ;-)

    Yes you and Babe are THE most dapper couple who are no doubt on the list of most popular guests in G-Town, even if just because you look so much like a JCrew catalog cover couple.

    ReplyDelete