17 February, 2011

Five Flicks Picks

My Bloggerville neighbor, EAS at Let the Tide, tagged me to post on my "Five Favorite Flicks". Since I've already listed some here, I rifled through the movies I never tire of watching and found a few new mentions, and a couple of worthy repeats, to share...



I think Please Don't Eat the Daisies with Doris Day is most def due a re watch this weekend...

The Four Seasons ranks right up there with the Sound of Music as a serious top 5 contenders. It'll cost you the price of the rental plus the $9.99 at iTunes you're certain to drop for Vivaldi's Four Seasons as soon as it ends...



Shag will have you wanting to push back all the furniture and dance while drinking lose your lunch punch, til ya do...



I recently recommended The Rape of Europa but, I feel obliged to trot it out again. It's the most riveting history on Hitler, World War II and the world's greatest works of art. Also, helped in clearing up my recent foot in mouth question at the Louvre about the hoopla surrounding the Mona Lisa...



Another repeat recommendation offender is Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story. I'm planning on crossing paths with Sally and Emma Lucy and Ethel in Mexico next month and can't wait to get the update on their scheme to land rolls in the new Lee Atwater movie Will Ferrell's got in the pipeline. Giiirls, I've got a top 5 reservation with your name on it...

Kindness of EAS at Let the Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore for the tag. I must add that everything on my list besides the Doris Day and Shag movies are Babe approved flicks. I'm hoping to sell him on those two this weekend. Baptism by force annnd the Chicken Makhani that got postponed due to a certain French leather goods store road trip...XXOO

16 comments:

  1. This is a fun tag! I also played along with EAS. I love several of your top 5. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along! So the only movie I have seen on your list is Shag which means I have a few more to add to my ever growing list. xx

    ps: I am jealous you will be soaking up the sun in Mexico next month while I am hibernating watching movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shag has always been a huge favorite of mine. I broke out the Carolina Beach Music 1 cd the other day and realized I was overdue for a viewing of Shag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Rape of Europa--the "collector's edition" has two dvds with the full interviews and gobs of interesting information. I spent 3 days watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't thought about Shag in years! I can't tell you the number of times I watched when I was younger. I SO wanted to be the Phoebe Cates character. I've been trying to mimick that hair flip for years!

    ~ TCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just put rape of europa on my wish list. thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Shag. Boy does this take me back. Not only the flick, but just dancing away in DC on road trips during the 80s...nobody up heah knows how to do the shag...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. shag!! love it. one of my go-to movies. my law school roomie looked just like pudge (alas, she wouldn't go for the nickname). another not-to-be-missed with annabeth? mystic pizza. great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Four Seasons is at the top of my all time favs too.

    Added Rape of Europa to the list - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...someone else who likes "The Four Seasons." My wife ridicules me for owning a copy...but it has wonderful acting and intelligent dialogue...great cast and a theme that is relevant about friendships and aging...a sleeper but a good one.
    "Shag" is a fun movie...just watched it last week for the 4th or 5th time. I must confess my interest is mainly Bridget Fonda dancing in a bikini and the good soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At the moment "The Rape of Europa" can be viewed in 8 parts on YouTube. It was not available on Vudu or On Demand and so I resorted to other means to watch it. Fascinating and really a good recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE SHAG and The Rape of Europa is a must watch too- have you read the book? Just fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Shag, and so did my husband when I introduced him to it! But he is a Southern Frat boy; he related to the punch drinking!! HA HA!! "That can't be Pudge, Pudge is fat, it must be her cousin"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love SHAG...I am so glad to see so many out of NC and SC that love this movie. I love Carolina Beach music, been downloading some to my iPod recently, and actually love to shag dance. I must brag a moment, my daughter won a shag contest when she was about 12. Too precious. Also I love the house and the overdone southern accents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg SHAG. Makes me think of learning how to do it at Camp Seafarer and with my Mom in the kitchen. Such a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE LOVE The Four Seasons. As soon as I saw this when I was younger I wanted to have a group of friends I traveled with when I got married. Loved the fights between Carol Burnett and Alan Alda. The girl that played their daughter was actually Alan Alda's real life daughter. And the hypochondriac dentist? hahahaha....

    Loved Shag too.

    ReplyDelete