24 February, 2011

Like The Swallows Of Capistrano...

I've purchased my ticket to Mehico and, like the Mission Swallows of San Juan Capistrano, I am ready to take flight in a couple of weeks into what will be my first taste of summahhh...

The "scout swallows" sent ahead to get the lay of this year's bikini land knew to head directly to Melissa Odabash and secure the season's requisite white number...

Since it's one of our fave Mel O cuts, we'll also take it in the will look fab against my end of June tan peak Cheetah...

Although I'm drooling over the thought of gold lamé (after QBS did it proud last summer), I'm a li'l nervous about the engineering of the twist bandeau and it's ability to keep all my bits in check. Back burner with Equador backup plan...

Annnd, rounding out the Mel O selections of '11 is the, I may have been rockin' the J. Lo Cheetah yesterday but, today I'm just nautical Allie from the Preppy block Luxor...

This year's delusional but, going for it anyway Sports Illustrated find is Poko Pano's Playita in Seaglass...

And, the wild card of the lineup is a, if I starve myself from now til May, picking from the much ballyhooed Luli Fama collection to be ordered in jet black cuz I'll be needing all the help I can get to even reeemotely pretend to pull this off...

I've certainly got my work cut out for me caliper dodging Maxminimus and his Butt Police between now and that fantasy...

Kindness of Babe for his help in narrowing down my options even though I know it was a double edged sword for him; the nice thoughts of me prancing around all bronzed in any one of the above contenders, along with the not so nice thoughts of dollar bills vaporizing from his money clip. Annnd, for knowing a late spring visit to the Pucci store for a couple more bikinis is just an unspoken given...XXOO

11 comments:

  1. I'm voting for the Luxor...it's the sailor in me...not that I could rock it...but you could...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-O-V-E ing the cheetah print! i'm all strapless bikinis this summer for wedding dress prep, and you have me drooling over every one of these contenders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tankini body is living vicariously through your cheetah rockin' body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww shucks :) glad I served as inspiration! the white bandeau bikini is now going to HAVE to be added to my collection. call me frivolous, but some bikinis are just made for tanning and bandeaus maximize sun exposure- we have to think about what the tans will look like later on in the day with a fun dress on at cocktail hour!

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealz you're going to Me-hico! Have a blast! I'm so ready for warm weather and bathing suits...but that also means I need to whip my pasty white bootie into gear at the gym. Yikes. I do enjoy hibernating inside giant sweaters and eating chocolate all winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am lacking the six-pack one needs to do justice to these beautiful suits. I DO have abs, and they can crunch, but unfortunately there's a layer of fat over them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealous. Plain and simple. Maybe you'll send some sunshine our way while you are "South of the Border." xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the nautical! New age Jackie O. if you will. Love your taste. Love your blog. Love it all.
    xoxo


    Be sure to enter my giveaway!!
    www.perpetualperfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go for the gold lame girlfriend! You will look FAB!!! Love them all, espcially the nautical set. Seriously gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the white one. BTW did
    you see the pix if Gwyneth at
    the beach in bikinis? What a
    body. Said she owes it to
    exercise.

    ReplyDelete