14 February, 2011

Sure Was A Happy Valentine's Round Here...

When Babe arrived home late Thursday night he got a li'l taste of what it's like trying to sneak goods into the house undetected...

But, he managed to pull it off and this is what I found under Pilgie's beehind on my desk the following morn...

And, an hour later, a scarf box in the cereal cabinet that Pilgie had planted himself below! After the excitement waned, Babe generously offered to forfeit his one day off to drive me to the Tyson's Hermès to make exchanges since I already have one bangle with the blanketed horses annnd the red of the Concours d'Etriers wasn't the best color for my too pasty self ...

Sooo, a strip mall parking lot drive-thru pit stop en route to load up on a few treats for the trip...

Another pit stop on the return for a bit of window shopping for Babe...

And, beaucoup success with the cuff exchange as I managed to get the last remaining, and much coveted by moi, 65cm gold with gold Balcons...

Moi: (on the car ride home huffing my newly traded in Din Tini scarf) Snnniff...smell it Babe, it smells like the store. Can you smell it?

Babe: Snnniff...Yep. Smells like money. Hey, did ya smell my blood and sweat too? Cuz I think it's soaked in it...

That Babe...

Kindness of Babe for being so thoughtful and generous, including postponing your Valentines dinner of Chicken Mahkini, to make the 7 hour roundtrip for my exchanges. I am truly blessed to have you (blood, sweat and all) as my husband. And, Pilgie for his part in luring me to my gifts that morning. Well played you two, veeery well played...XXOO

25 comments:

  1. Your Babe certainly makes it difficult for all the other husbands in the neighborhood ;-) Happy Valentine's Day!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! He is generous. Lovely choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babe is a keeper.--
    and what did you and Pilgie stow away for Babe?
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, what a lucky lady you are! Happy Valentines Day!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetie you have! Tyson's is my second home and my good friend works at the Tyson's store. Enjoy your goodies and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky girl! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too precious! your babe has learned well!! Beautiful gifts ... love the scarf!!! xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babe knows which side his bread is buttered on!

    And so do you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A car trip with your sweetie to Hermes and loot to boot! I am obsessed with your bracelet selection that will be a great comb with your Bday bangle. Happy Valentine’s Day doll! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can feel the love, all the way up the coastline. happy day to you both! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! He did great! And by he, I mean, YOU did great with your post exchange loot! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Babe is getting the Lotuff & Clegg computer briefcase from us. But, since it's handmade to order it won't be here for a couple more weeks...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd have that cereal for breakfast every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that Babe! Not one, but two Hermes boxes! You are quite the lucky lady :) Love both your selections - Happy Valentine's Day! xo KO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is it wrong that I like the Concours d'Etriers better than Din Tini? But ANYTHING in an orange box tied with brown ribbons qualifies as well played indeed. Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm if I had a girl
    I would buy her as many Hermes scarfs as her heart desired

    Happy Saint Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beats some roses from the grocery store! that scarf is deeeevoine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous darling! What a wonderful surprise! Wear it in good health.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lover-ly gifts. How sweet! Such good taste - you both.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Forgot to comment on this until now, but Babe is like the ultimate dream husband! Love the choices you picked!

    ReplyDelete