08 February, 2011

Five

Several weeks ago Muffy Martini tagged me in a circulating post which asked me to share five items that I rarely walk out the door without. Easy peasy except for the fact that I noticed we bloggers of a feather tend to travel in the same pearl wearin', lips glossed, Crackberry toting flock. It was taxing trying to come up with at least a couple of not yet mentioned items...

There's a small jewelry box, that sits atop my larger one, which houses my quick grabs. Annnd, out of those quick grabs, the pearl studs are, more often than not, the only item that see the light of day. I wear them everywhere but the beach. Avec sweats, yes. Avec bikini, no...

This is my Crackberry's last hurrah as my pre ordered iPhone arrives today (insert jig dance). I campaigned looong and hard to keep the BB as well but, sigh...Babe ain't budging. My, Amy has both card was trumped by his, Amy has a JOB card...

In the winter months I leave the house in a long sleeved Petit Bateau tee close to 80% of the time. I have a stack that only gets better with age. Sometimes, I take off the one I wore all day with my AG cords only to replace it with another one and a pair of Lilly jammie bottoms. Aide-de-camp Lizzie and I have had a wee PB problem for years...

Unless I'm planted on a beach chair or a massage table it's difficult for me to sit still or relax. So, whenever I'm driving I try and make the most of my captive self by listening to motivational Cd's and Rhonda Byrne's The Power has been on a continuous loop for mooonths...

I have a terribly tacky habit of keeping $200 cash in my wallet and each time it depletes, I just hit the ole "debit" option in Tetter's checkout and load up again. Babe finds it terribly amusing that, while he's the one actually making the money, his cashless self carries his own luggage and hails his own cabs all over the city each week while my unemployed self marches around like Theresa on Real Housewives throwing Benjamins around. He says that every Thursday he "just follows the rainbow home to the pot of gold". Funny funny Babe...

Kindness of Muffy Martini for the tag. Even though we're on separate coasts it was tough to come up with a list that didn't completely mirror yours. Like I said, preps of a feather. And, Babe, for generously putting up with my habit of rolling like a pearl stud wearin', dual mobile slingin' mobster...XXOO

18 comments:

  1. Well, as another long-sleeved T-shirt wearing, pearl stud embelished, iPhone toting, not to mention, I have the same TB wallet, we do all tend to live together in different houses.

    Oh, I usually only sport one phone at a time, you will love the iPhone, cannot live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preps of a feather do indeed flock together my dear! Loved your list and glad to hear you are joining the ranks of the iPhone loyal. You'll adore it and forget all about your little crackberry, I promise!

    Xx,
    Muffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I never ever ever carry cash. Is the ATM card not the same as cash??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remind him you spend less when you use cash!

    This year we switched from using debit cards to using cash and found we spend at least 1000.00 less in January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will totally adore your new iphone! I coverted three months ago and I am in love.
    "3initials" is a must-have app..converts your screen into a monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that Teresa comment made me LOL! Same situation here, fellow mob wife of the penniless executive husband. Funny how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband runs an all cash life....'what's up with that?', asks the wife who paid for her coffee this morning with a debit card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dolla dolla bill y'all! get PVE to sketch the snapshot of your jewelry box- love it!

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I'm with Dawn on the Theresa mention.

    My dearly departed father cautioned me to never carry more cash than I could afford to lose. When I was an impoverished college student often that amount was $5. Now I'm with you on the $200-a-week-ATM hit (cleaning lady fee and walking around cash).

    Surprised you didn't lobby for the iPad/Crackberry combo which is very Jeffrey Katzenberg.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm running multiple campaigns, that being one of them.
    And, yeppers, subcontract ironing pay, diet coke and Powerball jackpot over $100 million buying, drycleaning pick up, revolving Bank of Frost Sisters cash...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post was sooooo funny!!! I loved that you compared yourself to Theresa...she was my a favorite NJ Housewife! Why is there not a reality show on Bloggers? The cash is simple a safely precaution! Babe is lucky you carry enough cash to be prepared for any situation even if it happens to be a sale on Petit Bateau Tees. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a question about the pearl earrings: what size?? I just lost my little pearls for the last time but they were about 1-2 mm smaller than I want now. They were a gift from when I was a girl and have no idea what size they were! But instead of going to the store I'm thinking of ordering online, it would be so helpful to know the size. Thanks! Also, love the PB tees but the link was to solids, any particular stripe one you like? I love the stripes in your photos. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Golly day, I'm not sure. But, I just took a soft measuring tape and they have a circumference of about 3cm. They're pretty BIG. Also, sorry but, those striped PB's are about 5 years old and they tend to switch things up each season...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pearl studs are my 'go to' earrings! At christmas I got some gold ball studs so I could mix it up... guess what? It's still my pearls everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your key ring! Where did you get that? My monkey's fist key ring is falling apart and I want something I can find when feeling around blindly in my massive purse.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a dyed ostrich key ring by Chuck Pinnell. If you put "key ring", "Chuck Pinnell" or "And George" into my search box, you'll pull up past posts that include info on it. It's my second one and I can not recommend them enough. The bff and a niece also sport one...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those photos are just wonderful. I second QBS's idea to have PVE draw your jewelry box:). And I like the keyring too. Too much, probably...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Eleanor - hope it's OK to jump in - my pearl earrings are 11mm and judging from the size relative to Alice's other items, I would guesstimate her's to be between 10mm and 12mm.

    ReplyDelete