15 November, 2010

Bridesmaids Gift Series: Moi

Dear Alice,

I am getting married in June in the rolling hills of North Baltimore horse country and am lucky to have my sister and my dearest friends as my five bridesmaids. I am seeking your most expert advice for the most perfect gift suggestions for them. My goal is gifts that are similar yet different (same object, different colors or styles). It could be one gift or several, and I do not plan to give anything that I would request they wear at the wedding. I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

Ashley

I'm happy to offer a few amateur suggestions Ashley but, such a special occassion also deserves input from the pros. Sooo, while I'm at the helm today, be sure to stay tuned all week to see what Kelley King of KEP Designs, Jane Schoenborg of Lilly Pulitzer, Meg Carter of Meg Carter Designs and Alice Indelicato of North River Outfitter also have to offer on the matter...

A sterling slide buckle engraved with each bridesmaid's monogram is such a timeless gift. We're talking both town annnd country when your girls later pair it with a swanky alligator or leather strap...

I love the idea of a small Iomoi custom lucite or tortoise tray for each girl. Perfect for perfumes on a dresser, toiletries on a vanity or, for stylishly serving up flutes of champers...

And, who's the lucky girl only having to narrow her difficult design choices down to five instead of one?

Orrrr, you could go down in bridal history as the bride that doled out li'l orange boxes...

Every time one of your bridesmaids received a compliment on her Hermes twilly she would tell the tale of the best, most generous bride ever...

Lore would become legend...

Kindness of Ashley for her patience which allowed this post to simmer in the pipeline while I gathered suggestions from my esteemed team of guest contributors. And, to all husbands who may be tuning in, for taking copious notes all week cuz, what's good for the bridesmaid in June, is good for the wifey in December...XXOO

13 comments:

  1. All hail the orange boxes. I gave sterling silver letter openers with their monogram, for my two (unprofessional) cents. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the Twilly idea...I have 6 and I am TOTALLY obsessed!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely list! I'll take a Twilly in every color...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...or an illustration of the bridesmaid's and groomsmen framed by moi!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faboo ideas. Love them all! This entry is being "starred".

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the belt buckle! As a bridesmaid in now 8 weddings, a monogrammed gift is always a favorite:) Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking as a man, I think that the Twilly, would be outstanding, having dated many a Bridesmaid, it would be nice to listen to something other than if she liked her dress... Just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All terrific ideas but of course the orange box ALWAYS wins out in my book. A blue box is also a treat and Tiffany's always has many little goodies that could be appropriate. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. but Daddy, I want an Ooompa Loompa and I want it now!

    ;)

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fabulous! I'm getting married next year and have been mulling over bridesmaid's gifts as well. Your suggestions so far are great and I can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great group of ideas! I have yet to see *anything* from iomoi that I don't like, the tray is perfect.

    Umm..I'm thinking the folks at Hermès need to show you some love, their profits are way up this quarter!

    Sending you a smile,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Alice! Thank you for including iomoi trays in your amazing list! We love your blog! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!
    xoxo-iomoi

    ReplyDelete