07 August, 2009

Happy Birthday Hilary

August is a BIG month for birthdays in our family, including yours truly, and tomorrow is Hilary's special day.

And, it turns out CK Bradley sells more than pretty dresses. When I included this picture of Camilla in a recent post I received a BBM bright and early from the Birthday Princess registering her gift order for one pair of yellow Hunter Boots...

Emma quickly followed suit with an order for the Hopsy pink. Since it's not her birthday, and there are no immediate gift giving holidays around the corner, she's breaking down and making the purchase herself...

Not wanting to be left out, and having culled a little inspiration earlier this year while watching Gwynnie trapse around Spain in her navy Wellies, I think I'm going to invest in an early birthday present for myself. What's good for the Princess is good for the Queen...

Happy Birthday to all the August babies in our family! Too many to mention by name...XXOO

Merci to Camilla and Hopsy for turning a blind eye to the picture "lifting"...XXOO

16 comments:

  1. Well. I think I would want the classic green or black.
    My birthday is not in August....but I think I would like them any month of the year.
    I love the classic navy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Allie in Gtown,
    From one Leo to another, and another, and another, wait I lost count, Happy Birthday. Thanks for sharing, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some boring hunter green ones, then a cute pair of black ones with wool plaid inserts from J. Crew.

    Happy Birthday Leo! My family is filled with Leos as well- I'm on Tuesday, Daddy on Friday, and Mom on the next Tueday. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fear is that LFG will grow up to be just as lovely.

    Wellies...I just bought a pair of Mario Battali Orange Crocs.

    Onward
    ADG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, happy birthday all the way around! The Hunters are fantastic-you will love them. Their not just for rainy weather anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am considering a pair in aubergine -- almost black or navy, but with a little edge! What do you think??? ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous niece! Does she model?

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! There is nothing like hot pink Hunters to brighten one's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!! I think after wearing my J.Crew wellies, I need to invest in the peony color. Definite MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore my wellies! I have a pair that are lavendar and grey plaid - not as nice as Hunters - I think I bought them in Leila Rose in NYC for like $20, but I love them so much during hurricane season and so cute to boot! (no punn intended!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the boring old hunter green ones I got from LL Bean. They do, however, match my tres old (just like my MP hairbrushes) Barbour jacket I also got in London back in the (gulp) late 80s. Dang I'm old.

    Happy Birthday (whenever it is)!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to you both! Enjoy your new wellies. I have the black sparkle Hunters & my son sports the green mini version.
    Enjoy your upcoming birthday & your fun new boots! Find a puddle & jump in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday A - I love my wellies, personally partial to the hunter green. Hope both of your bdays are memorable --xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. hunter is simply the best! I am totally lusting after the pink books, but I think i would go with the more practical navy like you and Gwyneth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to all! I love Hunter wellies and have been looking for a pair, but most of the UK websites I've found(including Hunter) won't ship to the states...where do you buy yours?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am known for my wellies - I have over 10 pair (and still purchasing), and use them for props around the house when I'm not wearing them. I even wore my Burberry ones to the inaugural ball one year. My skirt was long enough to cover them (it was terribly cold and icy that particular year), but when I sat down everyone made a fuss over them. Drives my husband CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete