18 August, 2009

Babe and His Vilebrequins

Babe's no slacker in our beach fashion parade either, and usually gets a new pair of Vilebrequin Moorea trunks each summer. Since he's a guy, we cut him some slack and, he's not on the receiving end of the "ole stink eye" for rotating between just two suits throughout the summer. Good thing, since we never got around to the Vilebrequin store in Southampton this summer and he's still sporting last year's look.

Although...I do recall quite a search last summer for the pair that got away. Someone was quite enamored with the "atlas design" trunks all covered in world maps and très disappointed when his global search for them was unsuccessful. He's become one of "us" and he doesn't even realize it...

But, not enough like us to care about trying to attend a private sale in NYC. That's what a good wife's for...

7 comments:

  1. fyi, the vilebrequin store in the copley plaza Boston is located quite near ferragamo. You should probably make a selfless pilgrimage up there and maybe just happen upon some new varinas for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, I have never seen these before and now determined that my boys should be sporting these next summer, love those prints! That private sale looks awesome. You are a mad woman of style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Vilebrequin in Boston always has a TON of product, and as Bridge mentioned above the only thing that seperates Vile's from Varinas is about 25 feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you aren't on Gilt Groupe, the daily sales email for luxury goods, jump on... They have Villebrequin every so often for a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of these either. Do you think it's a California thing or just my profound ignorance? Love the patterns. As in love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Los Angeles. I've never heard of these, either, and I live at the beach! But I live in a verrrry mellow beach town - not in the 'bu or in O.C. I think it must be a California thing, because you're certainly not profoundly ignorant, LPC (I read your blog.)


    They do look great, though. I will be on the lookout from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's always hard to introduce myself to blogger i rea but i think it's important to do it so ... I'm a young french woman and i love your blog : feel free to visit mine !

    ReplyDelete