06 April, 2010

Bienvenue

Tons of new faces 'round the hood since the NY Times mention on Sunday so I thought it only proper to reintroduce myself and my merry band of cohorts...

Summer is a Verb is kind of a "Preppy Handbook meets The Waltons meets As the World Turns" with lots of good shopping, lots of thinking bout good shopping annnd lots of getting in trouble for good shopping...

My cast of recurring characters includes my beloved Templeton who is in the end stages of kidney failure buuut, bravely holding on til he's sure Mummy has all her emotional ducks in a row...

George, aka the Pilge, who has been waging a subversive campaign to have Mummy committed for Munchausen by proxy syndrome. This campaign has been fueled by an outlandish number of ER visits and it is only by the shear volume of "vet shopping" that I have survived any finger pointing thus far...

The southern college going nieces who love all things sun, fun and Lilly annnd will someday provide the apartment over the garage for their favorite aging Aunt...

Then there's Aide de Camp Lizzie. This entire blog evolved from years of daily emails swapped between the two halves of our one fashion brain. Other names frequently bandied about include bff Kimba, Uncle David of obit fame, Washington Royalty Amy, "illustrator to the bloggeratti" PVE, my notsosecret crush but, tastefully stalked Monty and good ole Belgian Shoe wearing, loud pants Maxminimus...

But, most importantly there's Babe. He's the brains and wit behind the curtain that funds the whole sheebang both emotionally and financially. As a consultant he travels the world leaving me to my own devices, i.e., as much shopping as I can sneak in between Monday and Friday, til he returns to us all at the beach house on the weekends. In a nutshell, I am one très lucky girl who gets to spend my free time writing about the people I love, the clothes that I covet and, the trouble that sometimes gets me into. Doesn't always pay to be married to a smartie pants...


Merci beaucoup to all for all the emails, tweets, BBM's and calls that have poured in since Saturday. I feel really blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family. Please don't forget me when my 15 minutes are up...XXOO

36 comments:

  1. Hey, we enjoyed reading you before your 15 minutes of fame and will continue to do so, long after. Nice article in the NYT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your site. I too have a Himalayan, Miss belle. She is my baby now!! I am sop sorry about your little one.

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you to death, and your 15 minutes will NEVER be up! :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congrats on the NYT mention! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. unforgettable moments deserve bragging rights, me-ow! fame totally becomes you and your feline confidantes. Summer is just round the corner and the unequivocal hermes beach towel so becomes you.
    surely worthy of that moment of getting your name in the NYTimes. Oui?
    Thanks for your fine and very kind mention.
    Your devoted illustrator.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet recap and congrats on the NYT mention!! You exemplify classy preppy style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting!!! If there is ever a Preppy Handbook trivia contest my money would be on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh look at you, front page of the nyt! moving up in the world! we couldn't be prouder, dearest :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. monty thanks you for the mention and is thrilled for your bloggy success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NYT TIMES WHAT?! Wow -thats amazing -congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness - Lizzie's wedding dress is absolutely stunning! May I ask who designed it?

    & congrats again on the NYT mention - so very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go Allie. The true prep indeed. Love your blog, always have. Wishing you much joy from whatever comes your way, now and going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lizzie's wedding dress was by Amsale and it was beyooond gorgeous in person. Ya should have seen her veil...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the NYT mention! You crack me up with the cats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the NYT article! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh such excitement! Congratulations on the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blog. Congrats on the article mention.

    www.rosiecampbell.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Summer is a Verb... as seen in the New York Times!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So exciting about the article and quote. I adore you, your blog, and your cats and wish you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous congratulations on the very well deserved NYT article mention! Couldn't have happened to a nicer gal. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I our world, your 15 minutes will NEVER be up!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yaya! How exciting!? And your poor fur-baby. My prayers! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete
  23. Even if i do not comment often on your blog , i'm one of your reader since last year .You have a wonderful life and i love to read about it !
    I read the article byth Beth Dunn link on her page : very interesting .
    ps / SORRY FOR THE ENGLISH MISTAKES ! I'm french!

    ReplyDelete
  24. And I adore you and the whole group! Your fame will last more than 15 minutes doll!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the fame! I think a shopping trip is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on your mention! I love your blog - I read 7 or 8... but yours is the first one I read and my very favorite!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey...what about my Montague???

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kudos sistah....albeit vertical ones.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your blog! Thanks for the reintroduction. You are blessed. XO Radha

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats!! I have been reading your blog since day 1!! You totally deserve it! You should use this as an excuse to celebrate and finally buy your coveted Hermes beach towel!!Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats to you! Of course I am a LONG time reader and will continue for YEARS to come True Prep A!

    ReplyDelete
  32. COngrats on the article! I read the Official Preppy Handbook as well.

    We are in love with pink and green for babies and put monograms on all baby gifts. We love all things preppy!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on the preppy excerpt in the NY Times. Linked to your blog via Beth Dunn. You are enjoyable to read. Love your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thought you might be interested to know that the story has been picked up as far away as New Zealand, where I live. Here's the link to the NZ Herald:
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10637729&pnum=0

    ReplyDelete