16 November, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away Allie Needs To Run

By the time my alarm went off at 5:15 am Wednesday, for a scheduled run with Joanie, it had started storming. And, I mean storming badly...

For days I was relegated to the treadmill at my parent's gym as the Nor'easter continued to rage outside...

Parts of Coastal Highway were left under water as the bay rose and waves breached the dunes...

And, welcome to Bethany no Beach...

Julie tried to go to the Post Office for us once the rain stopped Saturday but didn't get very far...

Thank goodness I had no idea the waves were rolling over the dunes just a few hundred yards from our front door. If I had any inkling I would have been up in the crow's nest with the boys waiting to be airlifted to safety...

The good news is, there is now a fantastic break right in front of our street. The bad news is, we'll now need a staircase to access it...

Our well worn path to the beach is now more like a gangplank to the ocean. At least we have a few months for Mother Nature to right the damage before we get into serious beach season. In the meantime I may have to travel inland for my running dates...

Kindness of Tatsie and Pilge for keeping their Mummy safe while Daddy was in a different time/weather zone and the rest of Fenwick Island was evacuating...XXOO

5 comments:

  1. We were wondering how you were doing. Glad all is intact!

    ADG and LFG

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather lately has indeed been frightful, but your photos are sooo delightful. If you've no place to go, let is rain, let it rain, let is rain! ..... wow, sorry about that! I think that I'm being subliminally brainwashed by all of the Christmas music being played at stores lately. I'll see what I can do about the weather for you, Allie. Mother Nature owes me one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!!! Glad you are all safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather A LOT of excitement. Maybe more than optimal. Glad it's subsiding and you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing more beautiful, IMO.

    ReplyDelete