27 July, 2011

Needlepoint Reminder Compliments Of, The Universe

I hadn't picked my ski scene needlepoint belt project since I was on the beach in Ixtapa back in March. And, before that I hadn't picked it up since Ixtapa the previous March...

But, then the Universe sent me a couple of gentle reminders starting with Mel's post on the Wimberly Inc Cream Bee Cuff Bracelet I had sent her Napoleonic Bee lovin' way...

Last I left her, she was waxing and waning between sporting the cuff on her bare forearm, or her Memorial Day to Labor Day bracelets laden wrist...

I didn't stick around long enough to hear the verdict cuz I was too busy scurrying off to the Wimberly Inc site myself. Her post triggered memory of having spied theee perfect Turquoise Buckle for my ski scene belt the same time I found the cuff with her name on it...

And several weeks later, when Meg Carter whipped out her gorgeous needlepoint backgammon project whilst visiting me on the beach, I realized the Universe was sending me a message...

Sooo, into the ole beach bag went my dusty, sandy belt kit...

I'm determined to complete this, stifling hot on the beach or not, and have it leathered by Chuck Pinnell and sporting it's Wimberly Inc buckle in time for our Breckenridge ski trip in February...

Annnd, since ski belt wearing season is a ways off, I may have found a couple other Wimberly Inc goodies to mollify my impatient self...

After all, I can't let Mel have all the Wimberly Inc summer fun...

Kindness of Melissa C. Morris and Meg Carter for the gentle reminders. I may not ski like I belong in Breckenridge but, I am determined to look the part. Minus the horse and bong...XXOO

17 comments:

  1. Spotted the Rita Mae Brown book in your beach bag. Love her books. Do you know if she's written any more "Sister Jane" books? I think I've read all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the one in my beach bag is her most recent but, it has been a couple of years so, I should investigate that. Good, at least your question lets me know she doesn't die in this one. I've been a smidge worried since it seems like Tootie's being groomed. Maybe we'll get at least 4 more years til she graduates from Princeton. Love my Sister Jane Arnold...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very good at buying needlepoint projects, and not very good at completing them. I tell myself I just need to find the right one...

    Love your belt! Can't wait to see the completed project. That might just be the inspiration I need :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to check out House of Needlepoint in Darien and the Village Ewe in old gwich when you move up here. not that you need a new project at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not at the moment but, very much on the lookout for my own backgammon needlepoint kit so merci beaucoup for the fyi! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 of the Wimberly belt buckles - 2 turquoise ones! I haven't looked at her site in quite a while though- thanks for the reminder! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, which do I love more, the needlepoint backgammon or the Wimberly website?? They even carry my girl Leighelena!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your choices! please post a pic when you get the items so i can see how you style them. i think i may need to add one of those enamel belt buckles to my collection....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shoutout to Chuck Pinnell. I'm a crazy horse girl and he makes the most beautiful chaps. Truly nice stuff.

    legallybrunettekate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Sister Jane will be alive as long as Rita Mae Brown is : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can paint your backgammon canvas for you? I have one I have been working on since my teens!
    You are making me finish it!!!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the turquoise cuff and your needlepoint project is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am determined to start needlepoint this year. I love the idea of the backgammon set! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the ski belt. Any chance you know who painted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowza, the seem like 100 needlepoint ago! I’m really taking a shot in the dark here but, I think it was an Elizabeth Turner Collection design. Good luck in your quest!

      Delete
  15. Ah!! love the backgammon canvas. please tell me where I could purchase the canvas for that!!!

    ReplyDelete