21 May, 2012

Skinnygirl She Said Wistfully

People are always writing me asking what and how I eat to stay so thin. Um, I'm not and, I'm thee LAST person that should be dispensing dietary advice cuz my eating habits are atrocious. A T R O C I O U S. Unlike my three sisters, who eat whatever they want, have never dieted a day in their lives annnd each weigh 20+ pounds less than I, it's all or nuthin' pour moi so, it's either starve or binge. Without the side benefit of purge...

Which is why Bethenny Frankel's The Skinnygirl Rules For Getting and Staying Naturally Thin has been playing on a continuous loop on the whip's CD player. And, all I'm gonna preach say about it is, she makes great sense of old wisdom and delivers it in a very candid and practical way... 

I can also give the thumbs up on her Skinnygirl On-the-Go Bars in the Dark Chocolate Multi-Grain Pretzel...

And, plan to toss the Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate in with my next order...


Cuz, when left to my own devices...


Kindness of Babe who will have to retire his celiac patient skit when I no longer feel compelled to stuff my suitcase with Allie approved diet foods when travelling...XXOO

16 comments:

  1. Well, muscle has weight and you seem very athletic. Sooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you a P90X girl? Seems to me, that would help anyone (I should say, those that have the stamina and discipline - not me!) be less focused on what they eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. P90X, Insanity, distance running, swimming, and baaaad eating habits...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pretzel and chocolate bar looks DIVINE! Where can you order these?

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, you look so awesome I can't believe you worry about your weight. Second, as for P90X, it really does not help you lose weight (maybe if you follow the special diet it does?). I gained 20 pounds after I quit smoking and did a round of P90X to lose the weight... Not so much, the scale never budged and my clothes actually got tighter around the middle. However, I really cleared out the old lungs and could do a lot of push-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the skinny girl products!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at taking your own food in your suitcase...I was just in Scotland and knowing it's the land of deep fried Mars bars I packed healthy snacks and detox tea in my case :O) Lost 3lbs while I was there :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was doing P90X I was also distance running so, I did lean up. And, if you do Insanity anon I guarantee you the weight will melt off. But, buckle up...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been doing hcg diet and it works, but you're bored and hungry all of the time. I need more of a plan than Bethenny gives in her books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word. If you start dieting on top of all your heavy exercise you'll be a waif! No bueno! Alice, you are so gorgeous already and a testament of how you can be happy and eat what you want so long as you get your body in gear!

    XX Mrs WASP

    ReplyDelete
  11. My teenage daughter wanted to try Insanity. Perhaps it is time for some mother / daughter bonding...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quick question, since I know you are a big Gwyneth fan, have you tried the Tracy Anderson videos? I am very curious about those...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not really. Bought them but never really used them. But, I know aide-de-camp Lizzie and my niece liked them. And, if I lived near one of her studios I would most def give it a whirl.

    And anon, Insanity would be an eeexcellent way to bond...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I spy a UVA class ring! I am in the graduate program here now. I love both Insanity and P90X, but as long as your are doing a daily workout and making conscious eating efforts, you'll be fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ridiculously late comment on my part... Having seen you in numerous bikinis IN PERSON LIVE I can attest to your insane abs.

    ReplyDelete