23 February, 2012

Pink Swap, a la Hollywood...

Hopsy over at Monograms and Manicures was kind enough to orchestrate another one of her famous Pink Swaps and this year the Ti-Babes and I were paired with One Fabulous Mom...

Lolly and I had a heck of a time figuring out what to get a Hollywood gal while staying within the pink and $30 parameters. So, we didn't...

 I mean, what's pink without green anyway?

And, since we knew the Mrs had some Missies and a Master at home, we included some Sweet Lulu stripey straws and cupcake liners...

In keeping with the Hollywood theme, we decided to go off script just a smidge with thee Martha Stewart blessed LePen Markers in a variety of colors. To keep the pink one company, natch...

Lolly thought taking the vintage route would showcase us East Coast ladies in a hip light sooo into the box went The Original Preppy Cookbook and The Original Preppy Joke Book followed by a difficult to part with Karen Callan pretty moc croc mirror compact thingy...

Some pink taffy...a bundle of pink and white striped grosgrain ribbon...and our Swap box was LA ready...

Make that, some pink taffy...a bundle of pink and white striped grosgrain ribbon...and a weensie deduction of pink confetti...

Being big girl generous can be hard when you're still so little...

Kindness of Monograms and Manicures for being big girl generous with her time and patience putting this whole shebang together. I tell ya Hopsy, Martha's got nuthin on your skills, time management, thick lustrous hair and talent...XXOO

16 comments:

  1. I think I would get her a bag of her own confetti just 'cause she's so darn cute!

    Love your package of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pink and green pressies! Love the pile of kitty toys in the background :-)
    ~HMC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the items you sent in you swap box. I had a blast again this year doing the PiNk SwAp!! It is just so much fun.

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pink swap partner you were. Lucky One Fabulous Mom! I'm obsessed with Le Pens - may need to pick up a few more colors after seeing your rainbow of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Infamous doesn't mean what you think it means.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know she'll love it! Everything is so cute. The straws are awesome
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a great pink swap partner! I adore that you gave her the preppy cookbook and jokebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do swoon for Le Pens!!! Even if they did ruin my Hermes scarf. Such a great care package! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your cats need their own twitter. Or blog. Like Martha's dogs, only BETTER. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! So much fun. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alice,

    Jon just called from work and told me he's leaving me for Lolly. Do you have a guest room for him? He's not a picky eater.

    Warmly, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaaa...well, he may change his mind once he finds out she's a pre dawn alarm clock that you can't shut off. She relentlessly cries, inches from your face, til you're up. And, if you try covering your face with a pillow, she stands on it, finds the one li'l crack of air space, and cries into it. Annnd if those tricks don't work, she climbs to the top of the upholstered head board and dive bombs you. For hooouuurs...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lolly sounds like my now deceased cat named Zsazsa who had similar morning tricks. TheThe cats at least need their own Facebook page. I can't believe you parted with the Official Preppy Cookboo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cats are so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I've said it before, but I am absolutely in love with those kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seeing all that pink and green reminds me: Have you found a replacement for your retired LP robe yet? If not, I think you'd like this one.... http://www.gretchenscottdesigns.com/top/silly-sleepwear-1/ruffle-neck-robe.html
    Xxx Stroods

    ReplyDelete