20 February, 2012

A Broken Heart And Blood Doping

Just returned from Breckenridge grungy, still on Mountain time, surely 10lbs heavier, shins bruised, laundry up to here, one hurt Lollycakes heart in need of mending, one broken lamp courtesy of the cleaning lady and, finally, ohhh finally, after a week of altitude sickness, enough hemoglobin to actually function. Be back tomorrow after I tend to Lolly and replacing said lamp without raising any Mint.com flags...

Kindness of that extra hemoglobin that's gonna give me morning workout oomph. Nuthin' like a li'l blood doping to get ya back on the Insanity wagon in style...XXOO

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back - we missed you! Hope Lollycakes is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broken hearted cats are no fun - I housesat for one about ten years ago. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me it wasn't the blue & white Ralph Lauren that got broken.... :-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO, thank God! I put a link to the lamp the was broken...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorado is mountain time, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I wish i had know you were here-I live in Frisco, and LOVE reading your blog every week. I work at Copper Mountain and would have loved to show you around! Hope you had a great time in Summit Co, mMc xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to Frisco for dinz one night! Some unassuming but, really tasty Mexican restaurant in a strip mall next to the Walmart. Yeah, what's that saying? Oh yeah, liquor before beer, you're in the clear, altitude sickness before margarita, you'll stare death in the face on the chair lift the next morn...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can not believe you were in Breck...I just got back to sea level yesterday from there! What a great little town, Mardi Gras was hilarious! Did you catch the float parade?! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't there during Mardi Gras so the only floating I saw was the out of body experience I had as my husband and mother-in-law nearly dragged me to my death on the chair lift ;)

    ReplyDelete