12 September, 2011

C'est Bon

Boxes and belongings are still stacked...

And piled everywhere in the new G'wich digs...

But, outta sight, outta mind was the tune I hummed to myself as I left all unpacking behind for ooone last summer hurrah with my Loyola gal pals in NYC and Montauk...

And, the Summer '11 gods smiled upon our li'l gaggle of beach babes with glorious weather...

And, breath taking sunset...

After breath taking sunset...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...the to-do list I left alongside the Cinderella DVD, cued to the scene with the birds rallying together to do all of Cinderella's chores, was obviously ignored...

By all. Well, Ti-Babes...ya better rest up good tonight cuz the Sheriff's back in town and we are getting this job wrapped up by weeks end. The Avenue is calling...

Kindness of Annie and Pino Daddi for another wonderful Montauk weekend. White sand, azure skies, caught that day scallops, cod, striped bass, and clams, the last of the Long Island 'maters, endless Savie, outdoor showers, good friends and good times. C'est bon...XXOO

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pics of the new digs after you've added your Allie touch. The picture of the bookshelf with the Lilly pencils and Remington shotshells is priceless. Kinda reminds me of all husbands wingshooting accessories stacked next to my needlepoint in our house. :-) I also love the picture of the Pil man on his throne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the boys weren't much help. Still, your trip seemed perfect. Now mama has to crack the whip and get back to work. Oh, didn't mean you should damage your car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't comment on your Montauk trip - too jealous.............

    I'm one of those freaks who loves moving. Well, loves having moved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww the westie is adorable they are my favorite dogs ever! I grew up with one named buffy and JCW had one named Abbe. Looks like someone is still rocking a tan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that your bedroom or the guest bedroom? It looks like ours..you have to be careful not to knock yourself out if you get up in the middle of the night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guest room. Orrr I should say, the Ti-Babe's lounge...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful weekend in Montauk! Looks like the TiBabes are right at home here in Greenwich. Glad they have their own T-Lounge now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the cats will thoroughly investigate each and every box to make sure it is thoroughly unpacked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cinderella cue......still laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I spy your old lifeguard saving thingy? Good luck unpacking and exploring :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Westies are the besty! Best of luck with your move and getting settled in :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only you had been wearing your gold lame suit you would have matched that gorgeous sunset! Glad the move is progressing along and soon the new place will feel like home. I thought about you today. I was in Southern Seasons in Chapel Hill and they have placed the Lafco candle display right across the aisle from the Cucina products. I need a new candle and couldn't decide between beach house and one other one so I left candle less.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not to shabby! Will have to visit Montauk.

    ReplyDelete