24 January, 2012

Speaking Of Copycat...

I'm totally stealing a page out of the EAS/QBS/Hopsy playbooks and doing a post on 5 Things I'm digging at the moment...


Starting with my iomoi iPhone case which just arrived. I looove it so much, I shamefully want another. Like the good Mr. Burns said, Ah, yes, but I'd give it all up for just a little bit more...


The BBC's hysterical Uptown Downstairs Abbey spoofs to tide me over between Downton Sundays...


Like the site itself, my interest in Pinterest has experienced a bit of a hockey stick effect. After initially posting about it, my visits slightly waned til last week when my obsession turned the corner, took off, and I watched 2 whole whatsaweekends disappear. I place the majority of blame on the boards of one Hilary Fox. I could spend hoursss raiding and looting her pins, like the one pic'd above, which I'm officially requesting to have as my epitaph...


Sally, all poised, professional and conservatively pretty in peach, making her national debut with an out of camera shot Emma offering moral support in her sweaty gym clothes. It was really exciting to see all of Sally's sacrifices, hard work annnd prowess with a straightening iron begin paying out...   

Can I tell you how much use the Ti-Babe's have gotten from their 3-in-1 Yummy Bowl during our recent travels? Not even the roads around the GW Bridge were a match for the no-spill water bowl and I knooow my Dad appreciates no longer having to share his cereal bowls with four legged guests. Whoever designed this bowl is a genius. Geeeniuuus! 

Kindness of Lisa Musgrave for sending along the Downton Abbey spoof and Sleepypod who will please put their engineering genius to work on a travel litter box. Also, anyone who thinks the above video is an invitation for dialogue on political views for understanding that, 'tis not. I won't bore you with my opinion of  whether Mrs. Danvers was rightly or wrongly cast, and I beg of you not to bore me with yours, she said with a mischievous twinkle in her eye...XXOO

13 comments:

  1. The iPhone case is superb and so absolutely you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a poised and impressive young lady- emphasis on lady! She held her own with Andrea Mitchell and has yet to graduate college. Please have Hills send her my best and that I bow down to her.

    And all of this Pinterest talk... I might have to even create an account- I mean, even my non-blogging sister has one for peet's sake!

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cell phone case- now you must make the fox and hound needlepoint sunglasses case!
    -linda,ny
    p.s I've searched evry Homegoods/Marshalls.TJ Maxx for your nightstand here on Long Island: Port Washington, Westbury, New Hyde Park, Syosset, only one left to try Rockville Centre. However, Ballard designs has a somewhat similar one called Dunham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pinned one of those ocean prints last night...I am obsessed! LOVE your foxy phone case...just got around to starting Downton Abbey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilary Fox's pin boards are SO addicting! (Just like Pinterest in general!) Lovin' that case! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm liking that Yummy Bowl. It's just the thing I've been looking for. Now, my Mom won't have to roll her eyes when Gracie visits and I start pulling out her cereal bowls! I know when we leave she probably cleans them with straight chlorox!

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  7. The iPhone case is amazing. I totally agree with your feelings about Pinterest. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you ask Sally if you can bounce a quarter off Callista's hair? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg Patsy, you are a riiiot! Callista...tee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the i-phone case - being a fox lover myself(have steadfastly refused to ever hunt them). Good to hear you yankees are loving Downton :) Try the BBC 1st series remake of 'Upstairs, Downstairs too' - fabulous darling, fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Calista, ah, where does one start? Does she work for Nike? How else does one explain the immovable swoosh? Sign me snarky. Love Patsy's comment

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so flattered! Glad that you enjoy my boards on Pinterest...you obviously have great taste ;) haha. Hope to run into you down at Tod's someday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had to stop in to show my hubs your site...here's the best part, I'm obsessed with your i-phone case, Downton, pinterest, flat irons, etc, but my hubs caught this video...(regardless of your disclaimer), he's your newest fan...as deep as my design/style obsessions run, ditto my hubs when it comes to Politics! (and creating jobs too!)xx

    ReplyDelete