12 October, 2011

The Bow Blouse

From the Bigeye Tuna Tartare appetizer at Black Salt in DC, to the Hermès shawl, I have learned that Amy's recs are always right on Babe's the money. Sometimes my pedestrian palate and eye are slow to trust but, she hasn't steered me wrong yet...

email from sept 5...
So I spent much of the weekend shopping/checking out fall fashion and I think the one big takeaway is that the silk blouse is back, particularly if it has a tie or bow. You already wrote about Equipment's Signature blouse (one of my purchases this weekend in a beautiful bright blue!) but, the bow blouse is everywhere and I love it! Tory Burch is making some of the best and I got the tiller TOP in sweet rose and will be going back for others...



There's even a tutorial on Tory's blog on how to wear hers. DVF, Nanette, J. Crew all had options as well, as did some more designer labels like D&G and Gucci.

Amy

thanks amy! will def put in the pipeline. funny thing is, literally the night after i rcvd this one of the real housewives (the blond richards sister from escape to witch mountain) of beverly hills had a goooorgeousss bow blouse on. i was like, oooooo...XXOO

Natch, I immediately started seeing them eeeverywhereee. In Gucci's Mad Ave window...

On Kelly Ripa...

And, in the Holy Grail that is US magazine...

Sooo, one month and six days later, after I'm fashionably late aboard Amy's bow blouse wagon, I go to take the plunge with Tory's waverly BLOUSE in navy and it's sold out of nearly every size online. SOB! Guess I can add all the Tory Burch stores to my existing part-time job of calling and driving around to all the surrounding HomeGoods stores...

Kindness of Amy who has to hold my hand through some of these fashion decisions. The jury may still be out on the True Religion jeans, and I still don't have the Prada/Louis Vuitton bug but, my beautiful Hermès shawl is champing at the bit just awaitin' for the first cool day...XXOO


ps...the jig is up on this weekend's operation click-clack. Babe intercepted last night's texting thus, the radio silence in the middle of our color debating. My energies shifting to pouting...

16 comments:

  1. Good luck searching for the blouse...I went to Home Goods today and couldn't help but take a peek to see if your goodie was there-even though the shipping would prohibit the "deal" at Home Goods. You never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had these in several colors in the early 80's. Of course, they ended up at the local thrift shop as I was for CERTAIN that they would never be back in style . . . They really are wonderful, flatter everyone, and go with every outfit. Yes, fill up the tank :-) . . . Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not ready to embrace the bow blouse again. That's one late '70's and early '80's trend that I will pass up on its second tour. It looks great on tall thin women, but it would be dowdy on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These remind me of the Nancy Reagan era and, as elegant as they appear, I can't imagine wearing these blouses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel Zoe (they sell her line at bergdorfs) makes a really pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohh, get this one: http://us.asos.com/ASOS%20Pussybow%20Shirt%20Dress%20In%20Galloping%20Horse%20Print/wfkog/?iid=1631322&r=1&mk=VOID&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1QdXNzeWJvdy1TaGlydC1EcmVzcy1Jbi1HYWxsb3BpbmctSG9yc2UtUHJpbnQvUHJvZC8.

    ReplyDelete
  7. J Crew has a version and it is called, apropos of everything, 'Secretary Blouse.' And I think next they are reclassifying all pants as 'slacks.'
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. More options here: http://www.worthystyle.com/2011/09/fall-2011-trend-bow-blouse.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've probably got a couple of those blouses in "the trunk" with my skinny jeans and tops that for some reason I just can't part with. The blouses worked well when I was working. They dressed up so, so slacks and skirts and looked nice with a jacket. Can't say that I would buy one today.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Using both an equipment blouse + a bow tie blouse in a photoshoot next week! Glad to see you're liking the trend, too! Will share the pics when the shoot wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm obsessed with the bow blouse right now. Looking for the right one for moi! I also have a part-time job...on the hunt for cute stuff all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Personally, I long for the Reagan era. Doesn't everyone? (Le sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to try this trend. Not sure how flattering it would be on me but I love the idea of it!

    ReplyDelete