22 December, 2010

Oysters Medford

I was honored to have my father's Oysters Medford featured on Nest by Tamara's Recipe Trading Party this week and thought I'd roll it out again for ya'll just in the nick o' time for Christmas entertaining...

Oysters Medford
(as many as your li'l ole heart desires)

pint (or more if you're lucky) of Chincoteague oysters
sliced, organic bacon
block of well aged white cheddar
clean, reserved oyster shells

Cook bacon slices til just done. Transfer to paper towel lined plates for draining and slight cooling. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with foil and cover with the oyster shells, face up. Place an oyster in each shell topping with a pinched off inch or 2 of the bacon. Finish with a butter slice sized piece of the white cheddar. Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake, watching veeery closely, til just bubbly. Serve immediately with a flute of très chilled Champers. Personal preference being Veuve Clicquot Rosé. Bottoms up! Referring to the oysters, natch...

Kindness of Nest byTamara for including moi in her holiday guest recipe series. And, my Dad who I can count on for beaucoup oyster apps of every sort throughout the holidays...XXOO

8 comments:

  1. Damn Girl...I salivated over these last year...and here they are again. I am going to have to make them for New year's Eve. Ya'll want my Wild Duck jambalaya recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call security now.
    I'm about to tear this club up now.
    for those sinful little concoctions.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sublime. That's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the feature and can I say that I am drooling?!

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those are going right on the New Year's menu.

    I may change the name to Oysters Von Summersverb, since Medford has a less than desirable connotation in these parts - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look perfect for New Years Eve! I may have to check them out for that!

    ReplyDelete