13 January, 2010

As Babe Fondly Says, "Then There's The Christmas I Gave Myself"

I blame the wish list guest posts. I'm supposed to eat right, workout ANNND not buy stuff being strutted around in front of me throughout the holiday? What kind of discipline does Babe think I'm made of!

First, I was caught red handed with my fresh from an eBay bidding war coup Christopher Ross buckle. How was I supposed to know he would walk in on me while I was covertly test driving my new fox pal over my flannel Lilly pj's?

Once the fox was outta the bag the interrogation hot lights came out and I was forced into confessing all other "previously unmentioned" purchases. Including, the butitwas50%off!!! purple addition to my Ralph Lauren cashmere sweater collection...

A red flag should have gone up on Christmas day when I had my hot little hand on Emma's Tory Burch wallet moments after she unwrapped it...

Apparently, Saks does do business on Christmas and two days later it was Babe who intercepted the UPS butIgotitwithChristmasmoney delivery...

I did not, however, rat out Pilgie for his recent Melissa Odabash order of one white bikini...

Naughty Pilgie. Daddy's not going to be happy...

Kindness of an "anonymous" someone for taking an "unnamed" hit for his mama...XXOO

16 comments:

  1. Oy this all sounds so familiar.....
    Nice goods, as always! :-) Hope you're feeling better! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!! Love your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Covert operations for a foxy lady are de rigeur.
    Babe should know that already.
    Sleuth Babe.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh every morning and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! Love that first pic. After noticing the fur and the great pose I couldn't help but notice the beautiful bureau and lamp behind you and the glass coffee which looks pretty much, if not identical, to the one in my family room. Would love to know where you got yours? Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I know that song and dance. I try to get home before Hubby to confiscate any of my UPS deliveries at the front door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why, why, why, do all of us wives have to have covert ops with the UPS man just to satisfy our (material) desires? The guys just need to understand that some things are important!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly, I did pretty much the same thing..........but, I forgot about my Christmas money - yay!!!!

    Love the color of the new RL sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am rolling in the aisles on this one.
    My friend Ann hides her purchases in the dryer and has been forced into retro purchasing behaviors such as layaway to keep her habit under the radar.

    The boys just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a bluetooth from Hubby. I was lucky to get that because Hubby says everyday for me is Christmas ....meaning I buy myself stuff all the time. (and the problem with that is...??)

    By the way my keen sense of observation notes a RL herringbone double old fashioned AND I'm liking that navy paisley comforter? that the Tory Burch thingie is sitting on top of...

    Also, I hear thru Twitter that you are sick? Oh how miserable. January is kind of a downer anyway, and that just makes it worse. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wondering how you are feeling.
    I am in hopes better.
    Let me know, I can take over and "guest" blog for you with healthy tips for convalescing!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your fur needs its own post.
    I am not a fur person, and yet I am totally in love with yours!!

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooh you are so thoughtful to buy those things for yourself!! i hope you are sending yourself a very nice thank you note :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that guilty look on Pilge's face...and what BEAUTIFUL blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete