24 April, 2012

The Popover

Yeah, reeeaaal big surprise that all the summer duds I unpacked sit idling as the temps dip back into the 50's. Ev-er-ee stinkin' time I tell ya...

So, I've decided the popover shall be the piece to bridge the gap in finicky Spring degrees and, after conferring with aide-de-camp Lizzie, snagged my first one from J.Crew in faded chambray...

Now I've my sights set on another from Ann Mashburn in Fushia Gingham Broadcloth...

Annnd, Navy Gingham Broadcloth. Natch, such an investment, not to mention flirt with Mint.com disaster, is one sure fire way to get us back into the 80's...

*Even though J. Crew is sold out of a bunch of sizes in the faded chambray Popover, I was able to secure a medium just by calling 800.587.5819 and launching a search...

**FYI, the Ann Mashburn popover runs small and most peeps, especially those with swimmer's shoulders like I, size up...

Kindness of Lisa at Amid Privilege for sharing feedback on the "serious high quality" of her Ann Mashburn shirt and, Charlotte Goldfarb who emailed me like, two years ago also singing Ann Mashburn's praises. Welp, better late than never Charlotte. Thus the need for two Popovers. Just making up for lost time...XXOO

14 comments:

  1. live in my Ann Mashburn popovers...wear year round. Also have the classic and it's equally great. Love the JCrew shirt, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love gingham anything...in fact putting gorgeous gingham in my dressing area, for my window treatments, cannot wait! Love the tops......we are having the same crazy weather that can't make up its mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yesterday's weather. We're a bit further up the shoreline and I pulled out the jackets. Love the gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Score on the chambray popover and thank goodness for "we will find it" searches! I have been eying those Ann Mashburn shirts and even have them on my to-post list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't it the truuuth??? Waiting for snow here...thank GOD we didn't uncover the pool as Paul was suggesting a couple weeks ago...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very welcome my dear, and thank you in return for your gracious shout out. Yes, shout outs can be gracious, we now discover:). I hope you LOVE the shirts. I want them to make short sleeves now....

    ReplyDelete
  7. About the temps... I was holed up at home yesterday with Sbux and wrapped in a blanket with only my computer to keep me warm. This weather might be driving me toward more Southerly climes! Today it has warmed up juuusst enough for me to get away with wearing my new C.Orrico birthday tunic from Mr. King ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am wearing an Ann Mashburn classic shirt right now! Purple stripe. I can attest to its quality - just lovely. I wish they made the gingham popover in the purple - I missed the J Crew perfect shirt in purple gingham and am just kicking myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the gingham trend! To celebrate it's return, I, too, needed to purchase two gingham shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my chambray shirt! No regrets here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell me about this WEATHER!! I've blown out my knee going up and down the "pull down" attic steps in my house switching out clothes. I think I need to popover to JCrew and look for one of those shirts. I'm loving the Ann Mashburn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Allie,
    Thanks for the props. Funny thing, I was a in Ann Mashburn that same day buying, you guessed it, a yellow gingham popover.

    Y'all need to come on down to the ATL and check out A.M. and S.M. in person. Their websites just scratch the surface of these treasure boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gee Alice, thanks for giving me the much needed courage to pull the trigger on the fuscia gingham popover. Apparently, you gave lots of other people courage too because it's totally sold out :( I went with the navy instead. That was on the radar as well, but not in the OMG PLEASE BUY ME way of the fuscia. Can't wait to see the UPS man. Anyone but me feel a stab of pure love when they see the brown truck? Seriously, it's Pavlovian!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should have bought this right away! I want the chambray one. I better call asap!

    ReplyDelete