07 September, 2010

There's A New Princess In Town

Looks like our li'l prince has temporarily bid adieu to wiling away the day catching PTH's in the window without a care in the world on Mummy's million dollar beach towel...

This past Sunday Babe and I drove the round trip to the Bellair Market in C'ville and back for the Lolly hand off. We were in town for all of 30 mins, just long enough to grab my fav Montpellier sandwich and pick up our new Princess...

Along for the ride was the heir apparent's brother Hank, headed to his new castle home with my sister Mandy's family...

The royal pair spent the majority of the five hour car ride home napping. And, so did this princess who was pooped from a week of moving...

But, we all survived the long day and HRH has won over every one's heart...

Well, maybe not everyone. Pilgie has traded in his usual lounging for hiding. Seems some one's afraid there's an usurper in his midst...

I think Pilgie may be worried about the wrong Princess though. Mummy hasn't had time to get beach house keys made. Hope Hilary's old key doesn't fall out of your pocket during some meeting this week and blow your cover boss man...

Kindness of Pilgie and Lolly's Grandmummy Julie Akers for meeting us in C'ville thus saving us five additional hours of driving. Please know that Lolly and Hank are very happy and very much loved...XXOO

26 comments:

  1. I was worried how Pilgie would feel once Lolly set foot in your house. My first cats were two or so years apart and those first weeks were R-O-U-G-H! So nice of you to keep the two kittens in the same family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, oh my, those are the CUTEST kitties! Poor Pilgie, he looks so, well, aghast in the basket picture. I'm sure he will be reassured soon and enjoy the new princess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe .. how adorable.. Mr. Pilgie's confusion reminds me of when we first brought litte Dolce (yorkie) home, Stella (our 9 year old yelow lab) just wasn't quite sure what to make of this little ball of hair ... now they are the best of friends.

    Can't wait to read about the adventures of Pilgie and Lolly as they get to know each other.

    Happy to hear you are somewhat settled in. Moving can take so much out of you.

    Love the Pink Princess key...lol... hugs..HHL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lolly is adorable! I think Pilgie will become the protective big brother in record time. Hope Babe finds a safe hiding place for his Princess Key!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!! she's a peach. and mmmmm....bellair. have to be in cville for a meeting tonight and the beau is begging for a jefferson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm breaking my Tranquil Tuesday rules just to peek at the little darling. Poor Pilge. Did you ever read The Cat Who Stomped His Foot? Great, great children's book. I'll try to scan pages if you can't find it. Precious story that is basically the same. Kitty hides in attic and stomps his feet he's so ticked. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing more exciting than having a new puppy/kitten in the house. Have fun with her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pilgie will come to love and protect Lolly as a little sister, I'm sure. I'm also sure you'll give him the time he needs to warm up to the idea!

    Best of luck to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm feeling the Lolly luv! Looking very forward to her adventures as a beach house princess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable. Love her little face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lolly is beyond cute!!! I can't wait to hear all about Pilgie antics with her, I'm sure he has a few tricks on deck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Lolly is adorable!! Everything is all right Pilgie. Lolly is your new BFF. You just don't realize it yet.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Precious, precious, precious. And I'm not talking about Babe or 'THE' Beach Towel. :-) What a lucky kitty cat to have a home with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please, don't neglect Pilgie. Nice boy replaced by dazzling princess whom everyone simply adores. Same old story repeated a trillion times. I feel for the little chap.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the oh-so-fleet-footed days of kittenhood, although poor Pilgie is no slouch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! I can't wait to see more pictures of the Princess and Piligie. And Hank, too. xo xo
    P.S. My sister gave me the same princess key when I asked for a key to her house. Looks like I'm in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good golly, Miss Lolly! You certainly are a sweet little nugget.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pilgie's expression is saying
    "get awaY", I know you will give him lots of XOXO's so he will know he is still in charge. Glad you are taking a break to the Hamptons
    and the LI tomatoes. They should be perfect about now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. C'ville! Sadface. Sorry to have missed you (obvi you are busy so, natch, you get excused this time)! Congrats on the adorable new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LBT - Pilgie is the hottest cat on the internet. Looks and charm like are irreplaceable. He stays No.1 in my book at least...

    ReplyDelete