20 May, 2010

Allie And Emma's Tricks Of The Diet Trade

Monday is the kick off day for "Summer Diet 2010"...

Right outta the gate Emma and I are slinging the big guns with a two day fast to get us in the right frame of mind and start the ole stomach shrink...

I've also ordered a months worth of Shakeology shakes to replace my midday empty calories meal of pretzels and Diet Coke. Okay, okay...maybe just the pretzels. I haven't gone completely nutz here...



But, what Tony doesn't know about my P90X Diet Coke crutch won't hurt me...

Lastly, two fab finds from my friend Amy, Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice herbal chai like tea...

And, Mighty Leaf Chocolate Mint Truffle tea...

Add a smidge of skim milk to either and you've got yourself a lil dessert. At least until the weekend when aaanything goes. Diet rule #1 according to Allie and Emma...

Kindness of Amy for finally recommending a tea that doesn't require me to cross an ocean to enjoy. I'll join you for a Belgian mint tea one of these days Ams but, for the moment, I've gotta stick with what's on the Teeter shelves...XXOO

17 comments:

  1. I've eaten so much yucky food lately, even a two-day fast won't help! I need to go to Detox! Now, that chocolate mint truffle tea sounds nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's the girl on the cover of the 2 day fast ad thing? please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the taste of the 2 Day Fast?
    I'm going to look for the chocolate mint tea today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May need both, a fast and then Shakeology before the beach. Easier to fix than lunch too. Good luck with all your ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ordering those shakes now...why does this never end?!? remember the stories of cottage cheese and salsa...in the microwave?!! blech!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm....pretzels and diet coke. the summer lunch of champions. keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check out shakeology, because I have a little problem with the diet of champions, pretzels and diet coke. I should really eat something better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything with the word chocolate in it is a hit with me. I somehow bet that you never get too out of shape ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm off to order two-day fast. Vacation is in less than 4 weeks and I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say we go ahead and plan a trip to the Continent soon--I have shopping fever while the Euro is so low. And we can take a side trip to Belgium for some tea and chocolate while we are at it. :-) In the meantime, glad to know you are enjoying the Mighty Leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So in summer mode too, to bad I have to face the bathing suit starting Tues as I'll b in beverly hills ugh
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have no idea why any of you think you need to do this...boggles my mind.

    +Midge

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am sipping a delicious cup of bengal spice right now - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let us know how it goes! I am tempted to order :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck on your fast! I fast once a month just to keep myself feeling good and pure :)
    When I'm being naughty I also love my diet coke! I think my best skinny secret is just not drinking my calories. I'm always drinking water, tea, coffee, or diet soda.. but never juice, regular soda or alcohol. Alcohol really packs on the pounds! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i did a 7 day fast a few months ago..
    and it helps so much...but so difficult to give up coffee and cheese... ugh...
    but summer is around the corner... so here we go again... good for you... and wish me luck... xx

    ReplyDelete