22 March, 2010

Spring Wish List

Back in the fall Pink Monkey asked me to guest blog with my seasonal wish list. Upon recent reflection I noticed that I somehow managed to get nearly everything on that list. Now, I may be the least educated gal in the bunch but, I am one smart cookie. So, here's my spring wish list as I cast it out into the Universe...

This year's hopeful addition to the Canfora collection...

I'll have to sit on my hands til April for this Lilly Le Sportsac racket cover to debut but, hopefully the Easter Bunny will go for a pre-order...

This one's a smidgie unorthodox but, I would kill to get a new iPod and send it to Camilla Bradley and have her to load it up from her musical library. My recon reports show Ms. Bradley to be quite the connoisseur of tunage...

Still patiently waiting for Sherman Pickey to announce the date of their Jules Reid trunk show. I'm champing at the bit to see her collection in person and sweat bullets in the dressing room narrowing my selection down to one piece. "Possibly two" she said, batting her eyelashes at Babe...

The above diabolical shopping plan also includes a private visit to Sissy Yates for the Calypso necklace to feed my turquoise obsession. I mean, if I'm already going to be in G'town for the Jules Reid trunk show and all...

A fleeting glimpse of these Ray Ban Outdoorsman Aviator sunglasses on a sidewalk in Mexico was all it took to trigger the photographic memory camera flash which, in turn, alerted the mice in my brain to immediately open a new file...

Babe refers to Amy's and my obsession with counting and comparing our Ralph Lauren cashmere sweaters as the "Arms Race". Hoping to add the turquoise Mitered V-Neck cabled beauty I spied in the Madison Ave store a few months ago to my weapons stockpile...

Do I really need a story to go with the much lusted after Van Cleef and Arpels Vintage Alhambra yellow gold and mother-of-pearl earrings? Pretty soon these babies are gonna get their own label on the blog along with the elusive Hermes beach towel...

And, just in case winter's not quite through sticking it to us, Patagonia's R4 fleece jacket in cream will help me to fashionably straddle the seasons...

Kindness of
Anne Lake for allowing me to live vicariously through the picture of her Alhambra earrings. I've been campaigning to be curator of her fabulous shoe/bag/jewel collections for months...XXOO

17 comments:

  1. Everything on your list is just fabulous! Love love love the necklace, you have great taste! Have a good Monday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behold the power of putting it out there...hoping you get everything on your list! Those earrings are on the top of mine, regardless of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your taste is unsurpassed by any. You should write a book called "The Preppy Girl's Wish List". I'll put it right there with my Preppy Handbook, Tipsy in Madras, and Original Preppy Cookbook!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda has the Le Sportsac tennis bags in stock already. I just saw them on Saturday and love, love, love. Great list. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those dresses, do share where I can get one too. xx
    sc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your picks! A good friend of mine has the vintage Alhambras and a little piece of me dies every time I think about how much I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Allie,
    You are both the chicest and worst influence on the internet. You bring out the covet, covet, covet in me. Now, where's me pad and pen, I need to get cracking on my spring list. Thanks for sharing, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous list, my friend. Here's hoping that you'll be able to wear all of these items soon and will have no need for the fleece (ready to say 'So long!' to winter!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything on your list! Those sandals are fantastic and I've been dying to see Jules Reid's collection in person since I knew that she existed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you never seem to have enough........poor Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you never seem to have enough....poor Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it all! Those sandals with the green stones are TDF!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh girl, you are like my soulmate! I love those Van Cleef & Arpels ... and I have almost the exact same fleece - it's the Retro X in cream!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! Those shoes are dazzling! The avaitor glasses are the perfect shades!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the racket cover is tdf and duh you need the patagonia bc we will be fleece twins upon receipt!

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love RayBan's as much as the next guy, but a great alternative to the aviators you have here (and that you won't see 20 other people sporting this summer) is to get Randolph Engineering Sportsman's...still made in the USA.

    http://www.randolphusa.com/products-sunglass.htm

    You can spec them out to your liking and size...and the brow bar is a must.

    ReplyDelete