16 September, 2009

Farewell Summer: Part Un

It was a perfect last week at the beach capped with a summer feast of crabs, shrimp, Silver King corn and Chris's infamous margaritas...

The entire week was filled with family, lots of sun, endless good eats and tons of laughter...

My Aunt Carol, and moi, determined to wear the "shirt of the summer" into the ground before it's packed up for the season...

The legendary Uncle David of obit fame and my cousin Melissa's husband Chris, of yummy margarita fame...

Twin sisters Mairin...

And Chase, poised and practicing to inherit their mommy's All-Ivy Lacrosse crown. Sorry, Hilbils...appears there's an usurper to your throne...

And, my cousin Melissa, aka mommy, MAC, and lax goddess with my father and his roadie...

Speaking of roadies, someone needs to take mom's from her cuz she was just nearly swept away by a rogue wave..

I started out facing my first ever summer not at the beach but, through the generosity of my sister Julie, I managed to eek out a good one...

All in all, a grand adieu to my last week in Fenwick Island...

12 comments:

  1. I feel the need to belt out an Auld lang --
    such a bittersweet adieu-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fantastic time! And a perfect farewell to Summer (which is always a bit bittersweet for me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just made me drool! Is it horrible to admit that I am seriously craving a marg, crabs whilst reading the latest issue of Vogue? Are you going to see September Issue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous last hurrah and send-off for summer you had!

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful summer!!! It will be summer again before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Allie in Gtown,
    I have a feeling that you are such a beach bunny you would spend the summer under the nearest pier if those were the only accommodations available. Thanks for sharing, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've inspired this RI girl to go get crabs! YUM, so sad summer is over....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to end the summer! You look so happy and that pic of you on the beach is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FUN! Love that first picture because it looks like racoons (or my dogs) got into the trashcan and had a blast.

    And how did you ever get Colin Firth (2nd pic) to your beach festivities? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see no reason why that CKB shirt can't be worn throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You seem to have the best family! It makes me wish my family could all just get along for moments & memories like this. Instead we all meet up just for holidays because we have to.

    This looks like heaven to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Allie G. ... It's time to get Uncle Davey to write somethin' for us. Lovely family.

    ADG

    ReplyDelete