24 June, 2009

Lotty B

Every summer I make a promise to myself to order a Lotty B hand painted silk sarong and I have yet to follow through.

The most fun would be to actually go to Mustique where Lotty Bunbury lives and works and buy one at The Pink House.

But, alas, no trips to Mustique are in the foreseeable future so an online order it shall be.

It's amazing to watch the evolution of Lotty's creative process as seen in the silk sarong that she custom designed for one our most favorite places, Sandy Lane in Barbados.

Here's Lotty wearing one of her signature caftans (also on the endless wish list) while working on the beautiful Sandy Lane design.


It's literally wearable art...

Part of the problem in the past has been that I'm always torn between designs because they are all so amazingly gorgeous.

But, this time around, I am pretty certain I have found the one...

Shades of pink, check! Lots of preppy sea creatures and seashells, check and check!

Plus, it would have sentimental meaning since Babe and I still moan about how fabulous Sandy Lane was.

The sun better come out soon or Babe's going to have to start looking for a second job!

12 comments:

  1. "While visions of hand painted sarongs danced in her head, the sun finally decided to shine down on the Sandy Lane"..... well it sounds nice right!
    Those are truly one of a kind and gorgeous!
    Framable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! After seeing the design process and Pink House where they are sold now I want one too. Maybe I can get one if I ever go on a honeymoon to a warm place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Allie in Gtown,
    Please tell me these are magic sarongs and caftans that are not only BEAUTIFUL but will also instantly transform the wearer so they have the same gorgeous bodies as all the models. Please please please. Thanks for sharing, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, I didn't say you could put pictures of my fabulously in shape, bronzed body on your blog! Ha, ha, ha...who am I fooling. But all I have to say is, "I nah-heed one now!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. breathtaking! i would have to buy double: one to wear and one to frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allie ~

    I thin an order of 4 would be perfect for our wee little reunion!

    And a cyber trip to Sandy Lane found me on the phone to RR telling him that I have found THE honeymoon spot!

    Keep up the good work Scout ~ Your blog is the highlight of my day and my morning coffee ritual!

    Love you!
    Meggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came across your blog; so happy to find bloggers in DC!

    The sarongs are absolutely gorgeous, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I can just feel that silk in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful! I've never heard of this brand before but I am now officially a fan. My birthday is coming up....perhaps I'll treat myself!
    --DC Prep

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Sandy Lane! My family used to get a house in Barbados ever winter, and the "overflow" would stay at Sandy Lane. As a child, I never actually got a room there, but I visited every year. Barbados is so beautiful--it's been a few years since I've been back (college/work schedules aren't as flexible as Junior High schedules!), but I have so many fond memories. Maybe I need one of these sarongs to help remind me? Or maybe I should just go back...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of Lotty (don't own one yet but imagine wearing one at Sandy lane or Bluefields in Jamaica). Great Post!

    ReplyDelete