26 March, 2009

Merkin is the New Birkin

Nothing amuses Babe more during a week of 20 hour days than to hear jobless, childless moi complain about stress. Feigning indignation, I always remind him that it's all relative which is exactly what I was doing this morning via email during the nadir of my "slow internet" induced meltdown. Thank God, my friend Amy swooped in with an invite for a relaxing afternoon of mani-pedi's and shopping. And, after some much needed requisite girl talk (e.g. diet, exercise, lack of it and Chanel) and a daring navy polish choice (as seen on Gwyneth recently)...

...we headed over to Sassanova where Amy introduced me to my new "must have" Lauren Merkin clutch.

Something had slipped past my radar and I had better make up for it tout de suite! But, which Merkin bag to start with first? The smaller Eve in pale gold metallic lambskin which would be perfect with my Lillys?

Or the larger Louise in the "Hermes" orange snake embossed lambskin for an edgier chic feel with all of my Calypso?

But, then the brown woven leather is sooo reminicent of those old school Huarache sandals I used to love...

Decisions, decisions...

ps...just verified with Lauren from Thursday's "Spring Has Sprung" posting that she is indeed carrying the Lauren Merkin "Louise" clutch in her picture.

pps...if you go to their website and sign up for the newsletter you will receive emails with occassional discount codes like the one that was sent out a few weeks ago for 40% off! Rats.

Kindness of Amy Fahrenkopf who has quite a few more tips up her Nanette Lepore sleeve.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Lauren Merkin! I got one of her clutches for my wedding and I just love the style and quality. I had posted about it on my blog here: http://monogrammednest.blogspot.com/2009/03/lauren-merkin-is-that-like-birkins.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great preppy minds think alike!

    Collar's Up!
    Allie in G'town

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son shares with me words that aptly fit into his sophomoric generation -"that's so clutch" meaning awesome. I love NAVY and for my toes - and a metallic clutch! I am "down with that!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaa...well now i must implement "it's so clutch" into the repetoire. Gotta stay hip!

    Collar's Up!
    Allie in G'town

    ReplyDelete