25 October, 2010

Now That's What I Call A Goody Bag...

She's the Eloise for us dysfunctional grownup girls...

If you swap out the brown loafers for Belgians, her closet could nearly pass for mine...

And, I think dressing as Margot Tenenbaum for Halloween is pure geeeniousss, ranking right up there with Little Edie Beale (both requiring Hermes accessories, natch)...

This dress, a red hair pin (in my soon to be Brazilian blownout bob), enough black eyeliner to shame a Whitesnake video, Birkin bag for all my treaties (wishful thinking), Nana's mink, a ciggy and I'd be good to go...

And, for all the other days of the year there's this to play with...

Although, does one really need a Halloween excuse to dress as Margot? Pshaw, I think I just mentally packed my T. Anthony for Paris...

Kindness of Ali Culver for the idea, the dress AND the paper doll links. Of all the finds you've sent my way Ali this one takes the cake. Dare I say, even trumping the fabulous oyster belt? XXOO

26 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea for a costume! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Alice!!! You must must must take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic costume! Don't forget your wooden finger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dying! That is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my costume for this year too! Only I can't find the dress. Sigh. My husband is wearing a red track suit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant fun idea! May have to poach this idea for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving this idea--really, really cute (and wearable!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the best costume idea I have seen yet. It's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read tht Gwyneth gets to keep the bags from the movies she films. The Birkin from "The Royal T's" and the Kelly from "A Perfect Murder. Annnd she gets paid too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was Margot 2 years ago for Halloween. TRT is my favorite movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so fantastic! I second the request for pictures.

    I had to google brazilian blowout - I was kinda scared.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an absolutely perfect idea. Perfect. The barrette alone would be worth the price of admission.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Failing a wooden finger...don't forget the gloves! You will rock this look! (Although I can't imagine you not flashing that mega-watt smile for an entire evening!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE IT - you are a genius in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh-- this is going to be SO fabulous. You MUST take a photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect idea! It's always great when a costume can easily be made with one's usual wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun idea...love creative thoughts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i was little edie beale in 2006, and to my horror, no one knew who i was - damn west coasters!

    love it Allie - take pics and have fun at the party!

    Xo
    Meggie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Make sure you go see her new movie Country Strong, I am sure you will have many ideas for next year...and she SINGS in it! (watch the clips!!!) Enjoy!

    Is that a cigarette in the last drawing or her wooden finger on fire??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant. Looking forward to the pictures.
    Best,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  21. You really do know how to bring on the Halloween - more than just once a year with lots of fun tricks and treats! What a hoot.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous idea! THE perfect costume... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG. So perfect. You are so smart to think of that flick. I am super jealous!

    ReplyDelete